Skip to main content

CHRISTMAS CHEER



“Go and buy foodstuff so that I can make something special for you” 

Was what her mum said to her after she changed out of her work clothes into a towel, and sat in front of the television scrolling through the channels trying to find something to watch.

She just stared at her for some time, organizing her thoughts and trying to find the right words to say to her. When nothing came out she nodded smiled at her mum and said to her.

“Go take a shower, while I prepare something for you to eat, then go to your room and take a long rest. This is a normal day after all”.

Christmas wasn’t about family. 

She always saw that in the movies and on social media but her situation never allowed her to experience it. This time of the year always sucked because everything just finds a way to fall apart. 

Her parents had broken up. 

Her father moved on and neglected his duties. 
Her mother became a workaholic. 
Her kid brother is in a world of his own, losing a battle with puberty and society so he really could not be bothered. 

She was entrusted with the responsibility of taking care of the home at such a tender age, she had to be strong and was definitely not supposed to show any sign of weakness. 

She was the eldest child.

She was always angry at how “messed up” her family was. 
She goes to bed every night dreaming of a family that never was. 

Positive thoughts about what life could be was the ray of hope she held on to through her struggles. 

“Everything was going to be okay.” She whispered to herself.

What’s the worst that could happen? She wondered as she prepared tea to go with the sandwiches she had made for her mum.

Her mum got out of the shower singing “dorobucci”, swaying her hips from side to side trying to force some fake ”azonto” steps to the beat that played in her mind. 

“Now that’s a strong woman,” she thought, as she greeted her mum with a smile. She set the table and disappeared to her bedroom which was referred to as “Araba’s prison”, by everyone who knew her.

Things were beginning to look up. 

Everything was going to be okay.




but was it really going to be okay?...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NETWORK WAHALA

So you see how I complain a lot about how Internet sucks in Ghana.....well in came Vodafone X to help me calm down just a bit. I've used every major network in Ghana and compared their bundles and Vodafone X's value for a poor man like me was unfortunately the best. On a good day, I buy 10GHc for 1.2 GB data for a month plus unlimited Twitter, Facebook, and WhatsApp. On a bad day, it's 5GHC for 500MB of data for a month plus unlimited Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. Compare to every other major network in Ghana, these figures are far, far better than their existing consumer bundles in value and cost.  In my insatiable thirst for more data and more bandwidth, I came across MTN's unlimited bundles, where you pay 150GHC a month for unlimited cheese-balls but then find out that they are surreptitious cheats because, after using 5 GB they throttle your speed down to a miserable snail with polio. Then I came across another offer for unlimited data which amazed me in

LOVE ME

Should it be on the floor? Or should it be on the bed? I didn’t care It felt so right Sultry eyes taunting my horniness His breath on my neck Sending shivers down my spine Our lips touch and part Softly yet passionate Then it deepened Rough yet gentle My heart Skips a beat As he leaves a trail of kisses to the valley of my breasts My right breast  Then to my left  Down to my sacred home The love I am feeling ... The lust I am feeling is just so great His lips press down His tongue flickers Triggering a slight moan His tongue caresses my pouty flesh Sending ripples soaring through my body I can feel the love burning inside my core He grabs my cheeks, sure not to scare me I move him back to my lips I kiss him lightly, not knowing what to say He stares at me thoughtfully The tender look in his eyes Gently caress my face He understands me He knows what I want He isn’t going to make me beg  He places himself in between my thighs

FRIENDSHIP

You meet someone, you think she is pretty or not the average type of girl that only talks about purses and clothes, and then you are suddenly drawn to her, you think about going shopping with her or doing all the things that “girlfriends” do together. The beautiful thought that you could have a companion of the same sex, just hang out with you. I mean just bond over ice cream and gossip about anything at all that comes to mind. No! It’s not really like that. Is it? Is there really someone out there for everyone who does not think about sex or attraction, does not conform to societal pressure like everyone else, and is of the same gender? Is there ever really someone out there for everyone that, the person could wake up in the middle of the night and just call or talk to and laugh about nothing, someone who is not a sexual partner who you could love like a sister / a brother and know without a doubt that the person has gotten your back 100%? I grew up not really being a fa